From Coder Merlin
Within these castle walls be forged Mavens of Computer Science ...
— Merlin, The Coder
What is C?
C is a compiled language that many other languages are built on. It gives full memory control, and this gives the programmer a lot of freedom. C is not an object-oriented language.
Reasons to use C
- Memory management
- Low level
- When creating another language
- When creating a program
- It's one of the fastest languages, if not THE fastest
- When creating your own operating system
Reasons not to use C
- When you want to quickly develop something
- When you don't want to manage memory
Things made with C
- Windows OS
- Mac OS